Terms & Conditions
1. What is ATPP
The Canon Asia Traveller Protection Programme” (“ATPP”) is a programme that adds value to Canon customers by providing the convenience of access to repair services covered under the local product warranty in other selected countries and regions so as to enable them to continue to enjoy the fun of shooting with less hassle.
2. How ATPP works
- You are eligible to participate in ATPP if you have purchased any of following Canon products (“Eligible Products”) with an accompanying local warranty from a Canon authorised distributor (“Authorised Distributor”) in Singapore, India, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia:
- Digital Compact Cameras
- EOS DSLR Cameras
- Mirrorless Cameras (EOS M, EOS R)
- EF, EF-S, EF-M, RF Lenses
- During the validity of your local warranty, you may send the Eligible Product for repair at authorised Canon service centres (“Participating Service Centres”) in any of the following countries and regions:
Singapore, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Philippines, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand
- If you send the Eligible Product for repair to a Canon authorised service centre (”Local Service Centre”) in the country or region where your local warranty is issued or otherwise valid, repairs will be provided in accordance with the terms of the local warranty.
- If you send the Camera Product for repair to a Participating Service Centre other than your Local Service Centre, you will need to pay the costs (“Repair Costs”) for the repairs as charged by the Participating Service Centre. However you can claim the Repair Costs from your Local Service Centre subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3. Claim for Repair Costs
- Any claim for Repair Costs must be made within 30 days from and including the date of the collection of your repaired product.
- Claims for Repair Costs must be supported with the Camera Product, original receipt and proof of payment for the Repair Costs and such other documents as may be required for warranty repairs in your Local Service Centre under the local warranty terms and conditions.
- Repair Costs will only be reimbursed to the extent they relate to repairs which are covered under your local warranty terms and conditions and which you would not have been charged for if you had carried out the repairs at the Local Service Centre.
- Reimbursement of Repair Costs will be in the local currency of the Local Service Centre converted based on such Local Service Centre’s exchange rate and in accordance with the Local Service Centre’s reimbursements procedures.
4. Loan Service for Singapore Customers
- If you have:
- purchased an Eligible Product from an Authorised Distributor in Singapore; and
- registered the warranty for such product under the online warranty registration system of Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Canon Singapore”),
during the period your Eligible Product requires repair, the loan of a camera or lenses is also available to you under ATPP in the following countries or regions (“Loan Service”):
Japan, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan (“Participating Locations”)
The camera/lenses available under the Loan Service is based on the model closest to your Eligible Product and is subject to availability of stock.
- The Loan Service available in each of the Participating Locations are subject to the local terms and conditions. Depending on the Participating Location, a monetary deposit or deposit of the Eligible Product as security will be required.
- The term of the loan under the Loan Service shall not exceed 15 calendar days. In the event of non-return of the loan item within 30 calendar days from the commencement of the loan, Canon Singapore and/or the party processing the Loan Service reserves the right to pursue all legal rights and remedies. In accepting a Loan Service, you agree that in addition to and without prejudice to the rights of other parties, Canon Singapore has the right to pursue all rights and remedies for itself and/or on behalf of the party processing the Loan Service in connection with the Loan Service.
- To find out your eligibility for a Loan Service and the related process to enjoy the Loan Service, please contact us at the ATPP hotline.
5. Personal Data
By participating in the ATPP, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for such purposes as may be reasonably necessary to carry out ATPP as well as in accordance with the privacy or personal data policy of your Local Service Centre. This includes without limitation transfer/disclosure of your personal data outside the country or region of disclosure and to such Canon group companies, partners and suppliers as may be reasonably necessary in connection with the operation of ATPP. Please be assured that all collection, use and disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
All decisions made by the Local Service Centre in respect of the ATPP shall be final and conclusive. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Local Service Centre where the claim is submitted.
For the latest list of Authorised Distributors/Local Service Centres and Participating Service Centres, please visit here. For queries on ATPP, please contact your local Authorised Distributor/Local Service Centre.
Important Note: These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time. We encourage you to check the latest version of these terms and conditions regularly.