This updater will upgrade your printer's firmware to version 2.050.
To perform this upgrade, a USB cable and a computer are needed.
- Printer Update: The firmware to upgrade the functions of the printer.
- Language’s folder: Contains the manual of the firmware update procedures. Launch it from fut_upgrade.html inside the language folder.
- macOS High Sierra (10.13) has been added as a supported OS.
- macOS Sierra (v10.12) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X El Capitan (v10.11) has been added as a supported OS.
- (ROM) The security specification change of Google Cloud Print in mid-June, 2015, has been supported.
- (Utility Program) Handling the error has been changed.
- (Manual) The details have been changed.
- (ROM) The problem (where the printer power automatically and unexpectedly turns off in some instances) in the Power Saving mode has been rectified.
- (ROM) Change in security specification of Google Cloud Print has been handled.
- OS X Yosemite (v10.10) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Mavericks v10.9 has been added as a supported OS.
- [Manual] Troubleshooting has been revised.
- Print from E-mail is supported.
- Operating sound during maintenance is reduced.
- The "High" print quality with Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and Glossy Photo Paper has been improved to reduce granularity.
- The problem in which the touch panel or a button did not respond in some instances has been rectified.
macOS High Sierra 10.13
macOS Sierra v10.12
OS X El Capitan v10.11
OS X Yosemite v10.10
OS X Mavericks v10.9
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
OS X Lion v10.7.5
OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
- A USB cable & a computer are needed to perform this upgrade.
- See the attached manual to confirm the update procedures.
- Execute updating in the environment which you log onto as a member of the Administrators group.
Double-click the downloaded dmg. file to decompress it. Then, open the newly-created "Printer Update" folder. And open the fut_upgrade.html inside the language’s folder, then execute the update of the firmware based on the manual "fut_upgrade.html."
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.