Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
2. Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
3. The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
4. Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
5. Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
7. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.
Firmware Version 1.3.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
- Camera Connect 2.7.30
- EOS Utility 3.13.20
- Digital Photo Professional 4.14.0
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.2 for Final Cut Pro X
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.7 for Avid Media Access
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSR6131.FIR / file size: 47,446,784 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Changes in version 1.2.0:
1. When using high-speed or low-speed continuous shooting modes, in Drive Mode with [High Speed Display: OFF], the visibility of the subject within the frame has been improved when shooting moving objects.*
*During continuous shooting black frames will be inserted between frames in the viewfinder and live view. This will improve the visibility of moving subjects in live view and in the viewfinder.
2. Adds the [Auto] setting to the [Viewfinder brightness] menu that will brighten and dim based on ambient light conditions.
3. Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
4. Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
5. Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
6. Adds support for AF and release during zoom operations for some RF and EF lenses.
Changes in version 1.1.1:
1. A messaging is displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are both enabled.
2. When the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM is attached, an image stabilization effect of approximately six stops is achieved through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilization.
*Focal length 500mm, Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R6 running firmware version 1.1.0.
4. When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
5. Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
6. Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
7. Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
8. Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
9. The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.